I have a few friends asking me why I upload one photo to my Facebook album everyday for the past month. I gave them a simple answer. I’m a photographer. I love handling the camera ever since I was young. So uploading one photo a day keeps me occupied on finding ideas and also to keep my eyes sharp for any photo opportunities. In this case, I’m challenging myself to take photos using my smartphone.
In my previous attempt of creating my own Project365 with my dSLR camera, I only managed to capture up to 150 daily photos for that year. Keeping up for my Project365 is not that easy especially when I have to carry my heavy dSLR with me all the time. So this year I’ve got the project rolling in my Daily Shots of 2016 since 1st January 2016.
I have to admit that the smartphone cameras are getting better. Currently I’m using the new Huawei G8 smartphone that comes with 13-megapixel main camera. That is good enough to get a good shot anywhere, any time. The main camera also has optical image stabilization (OIS) and f/2.0 aperture size for better low light photography.
So why do I choose 2016 to start my daily smartphone photography? I’ll give you 5 reasons.
- I’m too lazy to carry my huge dSLR everywhere I go.
- To keep my eyes sharp for any photo op as well as to keep myself focused and occupied.
- Since the beginning of 2015, smartphone cameras got so much better that the photo quality can rival some of the cheaper dSLR cameras.
- I can easily edit my photos straight from my smartphone without having to copy it to my PC and then directly upload the edited photo to Facebook.
- Last reason, I have NOT succeeded in completing my full year of photos yet. So using a smartphone, I hope that I can finally complete a full year of photos. Then I’ll be happy and content.
Here are some of the photos that I have taken thus far.
So now I’m on the right track to getting my long and old ambition of completing a full year of photos done. Let’s take it one step at a time…one photo at a time.
More photos can be viewed at my Facebook Album – Daily Shots of 2016.